Types of hosting services
A hosting service includes keeping and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's review them. Doing so, you can choose what you want, based on whether you wish to run a website, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a solution offered by given hosts, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally distorted interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the workload between independent packs of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web site hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share a great number of pics with mates or colleagues since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your email addresses. Some corporations offer webspace hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have a problem with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to run as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a web site. To a certain extent, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and emails, upload video files, and so on. At Hosting Pro, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that permit you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for specific web content solely.